Breast and face are the main fields of action of aesthetic plastic surgery
In the ranks of aesthetic plastic surgery, it’s all about the chest, stomach and face. The liposuction ranked in this group with 8.6 percent in the first rank, the tummy tuck shows in the statistics 4.5 percent. On the face, the upper eyelid tightening (8.4 percent) before the lip correction (6.1 percent) and the neck / forehead / facelift is 5.7 percent before the rhinoplasty (4.4 percent) and the lower eyelid tightening. At breast treatments, breast augmentations are performed using implants (8.4 percent). Breast reductions (4.2 percent) and breast lifts (3.3 percent) follow. Which options and possibilities exist to model the breast surgically, betrays this contribution. A cost and physician comparison for breast surgery can be viewed online.
1. Breast augmentation – with implants or autologous fat
In order to optimize your own breast tissue so that the breast fits your own body awareness , there are two options: either breast augmentation with implants or with autologous fat. The advantage of the autologous fat treatment is that there is no foreign body in the body after the procedure. The risk of capsule hardening is excluded, the risk of infection decreases. Also in terms of feeling many women report that they have a “natural” feeling after breast augmentation, because the body’s own substances were implanted. However, there is a small downer: A cup size is the maximum, which makes a breast augmentation with autologous fat possible. Also, the fatty tissue in the body can degrade again. Anyone who chooses artificial implants will rely on models with saline solution or silicone gel . 80 milliliters to 600 milliliters may include an implant.
2. Different cutting procedures distinguish the breast reduction
The specialist who performs the breast reduction decides on one of these cutting techniques in view of the size and the anatomy of the breast.
- The T-cut begins at the nipple forecourt and goes down. A horizontal cut is made under the breast. In the T-method (which can also be found as a Strömbeck or anchor method in the medical literature), a t-shaped scar is formed. Although this method is now considered the standard method, it also has disadvantages. The procedure may disturb the sensibility and functionality of the nipple.
- A further development of this method is the so-called L method. The cut does not take place in a T-shape, but in the form of an L. The horizontal cut thus takes place in one direction, not two. The advantage is that the scar is much smaller.
- The mushroom method is similar with regard to the cutting technique. After cutting around the areola, a vertical cut is made. Then, however, in the mushroom method (also lejour, I or vertical method), the breast is contracted below the nipple. The downside: It will take several months for the skin to contract on its own.
- In the Benelli method (also called O method), there are only minimal scars. This is because only below the nipple atrium is cut. This operation variant brings with it restrictions. Only a small amount of tissue can be removed. A streamlining is not possible. In this method too, the incision is contracted again after the procedure.
3. These three variants of the breast lift are possible
Especially for the reduction of excess skin, there are almost innumerable cutting methods. Common is the displacement of the nipple up and the reduction of the nipple forecourt. Without dislocation of the nipple, this procedure is only possible if the breasts hang only slightly or large implants are to be used in the second step.
Increasingly more often, breast removal by removing excess skin is aimed at modeling the skin, fascia and muscles, which together act as an integrated bra to prevent renewed slackening and sagging of the breast. Alternatively, it is also possible to tighten the breasts directly in the course of a breast reduction. In this case, the desired effect is achieved, in which mainly glandular tissue is removed.
The opposite way is conceivable. Implants are used to tighten a breast or refill the tissue once filled with a full breast. This intervention is usual in two steps. First, the chest is tightened. Then she lowers. Subsequently, implants are used.